密碼

回應

主題工具
Paul Liang
Advance Member

加入日期: Oct 2000
您的住址: 台北市
文章: 325
新的'分區鎖碼'已經推出,一區的Patriot已經採用,Disney也會跟進。你我全區dvd機能不能讀只有看運氣。不過我對台灣的破解技術有信心,希望惡夢不要發生。詳情請看http://www.dvdfile.com/new s/editorial/index.html

舊 2000-10-13, 09:33 AM #1
回應時引用此文章
Paul Liang離線中  
webfoxonline

webfoxonline的大頭照

加入日期: Oct 2000
您的住址: On-Line-Only !!!
文章: 1,694
樓上的連結中間多了個空格~~~~~~~
http://www.dvdfile.com/news/editorial/index.html

轉貼原文內容:

October 11 : Say hello to RCE, Any Given Sunday contest; latest release news and new reviews

Welcome another acronym, RCE

By now, you've probably at least heard about the latest hot-button issue currently being debated feverishly in the DVD community, Regional Code Enhancement (RCE). After an internal Warner document was leaked last week discussing the process, message boards (and our email) lit up over the issue. In brief, RCE would enhance current DVD discs, and override the ability of "Region Free" players to access discs not specifically authored to play in the same region as the player. In other words, if you tried to play a RCE-enhanced disc in a region free player, no dice. As with most issues that so greatly divide and inflame DVD enthusiasts, I want to jump right in and offer my opinion. However, due to some of the technical issues I'm still learning about, I will hold off until next week before throwing my two cents into the ring...

However, I would like to briefly say that we've checked out the first so-called RCE-enhanced disc, Columbia's The Patriot, and indeed it would not work in our multi-region Infinity player, which is a region-free device. Yet something many of you may not be aware of is, as far as our understanding goes, there have been prior Region 1 releases that have disabled region free playback. Try popping in a copy of, say, Universal's original Psycho disc in your region-free player...it won't work. Admittedly, the use of RCE-type processes has been limited (until The Patriot, at least) to early Universal titles, though there may be other studios who have implemented it as well (we've heard many Disney titles are also, but we haven't been able to find any), but it is not a new concept.

Another important point that enraged critics of RCE may not have realized is that the enhancement is still easily defeated by many region free players. We tried out both Psycho and The Patriot, and when we went into the "loophole" menu on the Infinity, if we set the region mode from "bypass" to Region 1, the discs now worked fine. Why? Remember that there is a difference between a region free player that is "hardwired" to bypass region coding, and a player that can adjusted to default to a specific region code. For example, on the Infinity, you can set the player to "bypass" mode, or as a "Region 1", "Region 2", Region 3", etc., player. Thus, by setting our Infinity to "Region 1" and not "bypass," we got the discs to work fine.

So, it seems apparent that there are a host of technical and ethical issues at play here, and we'll wait to comment further on them until some more research, so stay tuned next week. No big rush anyway, I'm sure, as I have a feeling this issue will still be around next week....

Win a piece of Oliver Stone

Okay, so you wont' actually win one of his body parts, but you can at least capture his signature. Thanks to Warner Home Video, we have a copy of Any Given Sunday, signed by Mr. Oliver Stone himself, to give away to one lucky winner. Since we would hate to actually make you work for it, the process is easy. Just send your entries to [email protected] by Sunday, October 15, at 11:59pm PST to be eligible. Please put "Any Given Sunday" in the subject line to win, and good luck!

'Dinosaur' roars on DVD

Today's disc news features another trio of new updates, including the long-awaited news of not one but two versions of Disney's Dinosaur (the collector's edition looks like a very nice set), along with details on Columbia's upcoming Loser disc, as well as the beginning of the downfall of civilization, the first Mary Kate & Ashley DVD release ever...and hopefully the last?

How black is black?

A score of four new reviews today, including a couple of early looks at Universal's U-571 and our next Bond review, The Living Daylights. The U-571 disc has a somewhat disappointing transfer and some disjointed supplements, but is still a solid disc, while The Living Daylights is one of the better Bond entries. Also new today are a couple of recent releases, Buena Vista's quite good Shanghai Noon disc, as well as Columbia's equally solid 28 Days.

Also, there is a lot of great other new reviews on the way, including my takes on Friday The 13th Parts 3 and 4, some more Paramount and Universal titles, the rest of the Bonds, and a "man, is it taking a long time to go through it all" in-depth look at Disney's Ultimate Toy Box collection. Watch for all those throughout the week!

舊 2000-10-13, 10:34 AM #2
回應時引用此文章
webfoxonline離線中  
toaster
Major Member

加入日期: May 2000
您的住址: taiwan
文章: 238

據聞,華納也要跟進,真麻煩....,不知道
PC上撥放會不會也因此被限制
舊 2000-10-13, 02:09 PM #3
回應時引用此文章